Week 12 Women in Comics

I read This One Summer by Jillian Tamaki and Mariko Tamaki this week. I really love the overall art style, it's such a neat comic that only has three values but draws so well that almost feels like she's using Chinese ink brush but with such American or western comic style. This is actually the only comic that I finished from the start to the end this semester. I just feel that I have to read the entire book to fully understand what they want to say, and I'm also being curious about the ending too. The story is about the life issues that a fifteen-year-old teenage girl is facing, including the family issue between her and her mother and the typical teenage issue that wondering about sex, love, liking someone, and even giving birth. I think it's a really interesting book and it does a really good job to sort of combining all these complicate life issue into this such short story.

Comments

Popular Posts